Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl Sunday

Some people like the Superbowl for the football (or also for the betting and pools), some for the new commercials, some for the yummy food.  I like all three!
 
I cheated and used a mix.  Still tasted great.
I also made some pretzel chicken tenders with a PB&J dipping sauce.  The chicken tenders are supposed to marinate an hour in buttermilk and paprika.  I didn't have buttermilk so I used a mixture of half n half and milk.  Then you coat the chicken in crushed up pretzels.  They bake for about 20 minutes on 350 degrees.  The dipping sauce is creamy peanut butter, some grape jelly, white wine vinegar, water, and chopped peanuts, and a tiny bit of half n half (recipe calls for buttermilk). 
I might not have crushed up the pretzels enough -  not sure if they are supposed to resemble breadrcumbs or not.  I guess they'd be fun finger food for kids, but they were just okay and I doubt I'd make these again.
----------------
We had a little game of Scrabble going during the football game.  Scrabble was one of Pat's birthday gifts and this was our first game. :o)
My parents play a game with relatives and friends each week, isn't that cute?
I have a little more Scrabble experience than Pat. 
-------------------
You could say I'm on a big "take pictures of Winnie kick" 
(you are only seeing a small fraction)
 
She's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment