Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where have I been?

The storm got us!  We haven't had electricity since Saturday!  This is by far the longest I've gone without power.  Yes, I've camped out for longer than that without it, but let me tell you it's different when you're in your house.  Things I miss - radio, hairdryer, clocks, heat, internet, microwave, oven, stovetop, and topping the list: the fridge (just went to grocery on Friday grrr), TV, and lights.  I'm at work now, but once we have electricity at home (tomorrow? Thursday?), I will upload some pictures.  There are so many trees on the ground, and none on our roof or property, so really I have no reason to complain.

My poor in laws arrived on Friday and the next day we lost power.  I don't think this is what they had in mind when they came for a visit.  They've still gotten to see quite a few friends and we all enjoyed Peter Luger's Steakhouse on Saturday at least.

The rain has stopped and the sun is out today.  I hope this is a sign of good things to come (ie Electricity!).

No comments:

Post a Comment