Sunday, April 22, 2012

Celebrating

Last weekend was my college friend Emily's bachelorette party.  I drove down to Atlanta on Thursday night (after my friend Ellen's cocktail supper).  I forgot about the time change, so I arrived my friend Sarah and Whitney's house at around 1AM.  Sarah and I woke up early and drove to St. Simon's Island.  We picked up Laurisa at the airport and then headed to our house rental for the weekend.  What a house it was!
The ten of us gals were very comfortable there.    I thought the area was beautiful - check out the trees. 
Sarah 
Ahhh, the beach! 
It was a little chilly, but still really nice to sit in the sand. 
That night we cooked dinner at the house (chicken, sweet potatoes, asparagus) and then sat around the great kitchen table and even made friendship bracelets, ha! 
Laurisa 
 Saturday we were able to lounge around the pool some.
And also spent some more time at the beach.  Here's me and Emily's little sister Jo. 
That night we all headed out to dinner at Gnat's Landing.  Here is Whitney and Brittney. 
Jo, Laurisa, Me. 
Thumbs down to the food, but the live music sure was nice! 
From there we went to this bar called Ziggy's which was tons of fun.  Emily and Laurisa on the dance floor: 
It was a little hard to leave last Sunday morning, but I had a full day on the road ahead of me.  Thanks to Paul for helping out with Charlie so much while I was away!  Sure was nice to get away with the girls for a bit!  And I definitely want to return to St. Simon with Pat and Charlie someday. 


And Friday was my Mom's birthday.  My parents had all of my Mom's siblings over yesterday for birthday burgers at lunch time.   
We all enjoyed a cake made my friend Claire's bakeshop, Dozen. 
Happy birthday Momma!! 

1 comment:

  1. I look like a hobo on a mission in that picture. I love it!

    ReplyDelete