Wednesday, July 4, 2012

America's Birthday

Happy Fourth of July everybody!

 Speaking of birthdays, I got to celebrate my 31st last week.  My parents hosted yet another wonderful meal.  We had sliders and my Mom's amazing potato salad, followed by homemade chocolate cake. The Nadler gang (minus Rachel who was out of town) came to join us.
Sarah - pictured less than a week before having her baby!  Anna arrived two days ago. YAY!!! 
Sam and Uncle Robert 
During dinner Charlie was getting really tired, so Mom was giving him a bath before putting him to bed.  Dad hollered to the guys - Matthew and Sam - to get in the bathroom and take over...they came in but didn't help. ha 


Sam and Lorena (Lore had just gotten back in town from a month + in Argentina... Reunited lovebirds!) 


E was able to get off work a little early on my birthday and she took me for a real treat.  A pedicure!  It had been about a year since I'd had one (they are cheaper in NJ/NY!) 
The next night Pat and I met up with a few buddies for some birthday drinks at 12th South Taproom.  I definitely enjoyed their Strongbow Cider.   

And I consider concert tickets the previous weekend as my big birthday gift to myself.  The Brothers of The Sun concert was a great show - Grace Potter, Tim McGraw, and Kenny Chesney.  I had never seen any of them before and they were all great (we got there too late to see Jake Owen open...it was too hot to be there for a 4:30 start....more on that heat later)

Some college friends, Carrie and Jason, came in town from Illinois for the concert and we met them downtown at Puckett's for lunch on Saturday, June 23rd. 
The concert was HOT.   
We were on the sunny side of LP Field.  Luckily we were at the stadium level so you could go inside to the air conditioning, but it was packed inside with people cooling off.  This picture was during Grace Potter, so still an opening band - the stadium filled up as it got later.
And I know no one wants to see this, but I took a picture of my ankle sweat. 
 Sisters!
So glad E and Mark were able to join us for the show. 
And thank you to my Uncle Robert for my autograph!!!!!! 
My Aunt Carole and Uncle Robert had us over for brunch the morning after the show (when Kate was still in town - she was our babysitter for the concert)  And he handed this over to me.  Cracks me up.  He wrote it after we arrived their house, not a real autograph. :)

PS I have a lot of photos to post...hope Charlie keeps on napping.  If so, I'll do another!

No comments:

Post a Comment