Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Book Club Love

Back in January of 2008 some friends and I started a Book Club. Okay, I will give credit where credit is due - I think Ginny started it. Of course some people have dropped out and we've also had some great additions to the club. Each month the host for the next month will select 3 books and everyone will vote on their favorite. That's how the book is chosen and it seems like a great method to me. We usually meet the last Sunday of every month.


Our first ever book was Eat, Pray, Love and our most recent book is Outliers. Some of my favorites have been Love in the Time of Cholera, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Glass Castle, Water for Elephants, Jane Eyre, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and American Wife. The only book I have not read and finished is The Lace Reader (still sitting on my shelf, not sure if/when I'll ever pick that up again).


Our book club is very social and revolves around eating and drinking but also involves some questions and discussions of the book. I think we do a great job of selecting a variety of books (classics/new & memoirs/fiction, etc).


Right now our core group is Ginny, Andrea, Sarah, Devon, Simone, Erin, Melissa, and me. We all lived in Hoboken until I up and moved to the suburbs. Book Club is always worth the drive back to Hoboken on Sunday evening because I LOVE BOOK CLUB!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment