Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sunday Dinner

On Saturday we went to a great concert at the Franklin Theatre, just south of Nashville with Sarah and Matthew. The theatre was built in 1937 and recently underwent a renovation. It was really nice and we thoroughly enjoyed a little country music from the husband and wife duo Joey and Rory.   Mom and Dad had gotten the tickets because it was a benefit concert for Saddle Up, where my Mom volunteers.

Charlie enjoyed some quality Aunt time while my sister Elizabeth babysat!  Thanks E!  When we got home from the show Pat put a pork butt on the Big Green Egg around  11PM or so. 
I had seen these sliced potatoes on Pinterest and wanted to try them.  I basically cut them thinly 3/4s of the way down and stuffed them with a little garlic and gave them a nice coating in butter.  They were pretty good but not amazing.
But this Orzo Salad was pretty amazing.  My Aunt Carole had made it several weeks ago and I loved it.  I based it loosely off Ina Garten's recipe here, but did not use eggplant or roast my veggies.  
It's orzo, red onion, red/green/yellow pepper, toasted pine nuts, green onions, diced feta cheese, and is dressed with the juice of two lemons, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
It made for a delicious dinner and excellent leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment