Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

My Aunt Evelyn and Uncle Bill hosted a party out at their farm in Kingston Springs on Monday.  I had just gotten back in town from Atlanta, and it was a hot day, so we didn't arrive at their party until around 4pm.  It was straight to the swimming pool for Charlie (no pictures of that, but there were about 10 kids having the time of their life) and then it was time for a hay ride!



Dad and Charlie taking it all in.  :) 
They have a big piece of property right on the South Harpeth River (I believe) and it is beautiful. 
They've got a couple horses, and several chickens and also cows. 
In honor of Memorial Day, we all met around their flag pole for a song, and we even all recited the Pledge of Allegiance. 





I don't know how many cows they have, but their cows are really neat and look like Oreos.  They are called Belted Galloways, or Belties I think. 


Oh my goodness, Charlie was obsessed with the Power Wheel. 
He got strapped in and just wanted to keep riding it. 

My little cousin Mac was happy to be his driver.  :o) 

The other big hit of the party was the watermelon.  Eating it was ok, but sticking his fingers in the soft fruit was really fun. 



I think most everyone had already eaten watermelon by this point, and he was having too much fun, too hard to stop him. 
Me and my cousin Jenni before I headed home.
I was one tired cookie from the wedding the night before, the drive home, and the heat of the day, but it sure was a lovely party with awesome cookout food and great family.   

No comments:

Post a Comment