Monday, June 4, 2012

Recent Happenings

1.  On Thursday afternoon my childhood friend Kristen brought over her son Cullen to play. 
Too cute.  He is 3 months younger than Charlie but every bit as big! 
2.  Enjoying a "Welcome home from work, Dad" smoothie. 
3.  Friday night my parents watched Charlie so Pat and I could go on a double date with Tom and Shelley.  We ate Mexican food, had margaritas, and then went to Warner Park's Full Moon Picking Party. 
If you brought a bluegrass instrument, admission was only $5.  And that included 4 beers (not that I like beer, but a good deal, which I do like.  ha!) Thanks to Tom's guitar collection, we all got in for the cheap price.
The main stage music was pretty good, but we were a little far away to hear it well.  So my favorite part was walking around and seeing these small groups of musicians just pick up and play together.  And I loved running into my cousins Jan and Juan there! 
4.  Charlie has had fun playing with his little bus/van thing lately. (baby gift from Whitney, thanks!)

He also discovered he could use it as a roller skate...oh boy... 
5.  And I'm feeling pretty accomplished for having mowed the lawn yesterday for the first time in my life.  Pat mowed the lawn as a teenager so he showed me the ropes - piece of cake.  I'll be glad to stop paying someone else to do it.  My sweet little Toro Self Propelled 22" High Wheel mower was an early birthday gift from my In Laws.  :) 
And Charlie watched me do the front yard from Pat's lap (we were all done for these pictures, mower was off - don't worry, wouldn't let Charlie get that close!)  My face is very red since our yard is a full acre!  But for now I think it's pretty fun...ask me again in a month or two though, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment