Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pecan Chicken

I made a quick and tasty chicken dish the other night.  I saw it on Claire Robinson's Five Ingredient Fix show.  Recipe here.  I first ground up some pecans in my new coffee grinder and then mixed in some panko bread crumbs.  The chicken was marinating in buttermilk about an hour at this point.
Then the chicken is coated in the pecan/breadcrumb mixture and gets a "shallow fry" in vegetable oil.  So not deep fried, but it still has that nice and crispy fried taste.
 Golden brown!
Served up with some wild rice and a mozzarella and tomato salad (yes, not a true veggie, but oh well)

I used some balsamic and also a fancy olive oil Elizabeth brought us back from Argentina.
The chicken was very good and juicy but I am not sure how much I could taste the pecans...but, it was quick and easy so I'd do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment