Tuesday, June 28, 2011

High Line Adventure

This was supposed to post on Sunday...but appears to still be in my "drafts" section, so here ya go!

Pat was away all weekend at Warren's bachelor party, so CQ and I had some big fun together.  Sunday we drove and parked in Hoboken where we met up with Devon.  We met her kitty Sir Winston who was quite interested in the stroller.  He was so cute.
From there we took the ferry into NYC and walked down along the water until we got to 30th street.  We met up for a quick visit with Lacie and Neil there.  They came all the way to see us for a quick chat and to meet Charlie - very sweet.    
The new section of the High Line runs up to 30th St so Devon, Andrea, CQ, and I started there and strolled on south.
There were tons of people which really did mean you had to stroll.  It was kind of hard to get around people with the path being so narrow, but  that was fine.







You can see some parts of the old railroad tracks at certain spots.
We then had a late brunch (french toast, yum!) at Pastis with Erin and Laurisa.

 Charlie and his hat buddy Andrea.  :)  Probably my favorite picture of the day!
It was a really fun day in the city.  My girlfriends were all so helpful with Charlie, helping me maneuver the stroller, hold/feed him, etc.  That's what friends are for I guess.  :)  Very glad Pat is back from the bachelor party though - and glad he had fun.
Anyone who has the chance, definitely take a walk on the High Line!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! This reminds me of the book the curious garden, you should check it out for CQ!

    ReplyDelete