Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sailing on the Hudson

iPhone photos so they're not the best.  But we had a wonderful company outing on Monday night.  It also happened to be just about the nicest evening we've had in weeks or maybe months. 
 
The managing partner taking over the wheel:
It was a great way to see the city and hang out with coworkers (and did I mention Pat got to come!).  Work stuff has been going quite well, so that is a relief. :) 
Nonetheless, I'm still happy tomorrow is Friday!  Pat and I plan to see the movie Inception, and we're heading to the Spring Lake on Saturday for a beach day.  (I am also craving Surf Taco)  Sunday I'm happy to have book club lined up at Simone's.  And speaking of books, I just put in an Amazon order today for "One Day", recommended by Andrea, and "Born Round: A Story of Family, Food and a Ferocious Appetite", recommended by Sarah.  What is everyone else out there reading?

4 comments:

  1. I tried to buy 'One Day' but B&N was sold out. I've heard great things about it!
    Most of my reading has been puppy related lately - but I always recommend 'The Book Thief' when asked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures on the boat cruise are so nice. Great city views! And I'm reading Little Women right now - I never read it when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually never read Little Women either...and I want to. I've also had The Book Thief on my list for a while, guess I should bump it up. :) Thanks girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous you got Surf Taco!! Love it! :)
    Boat cruise looks like a blast! What a fun work outing, especially since the Pat man got to come!

    ReplyDelete