Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nesting and Whatnot

Hello hello!  I am still feeling well and we're into our weekly doctors appointments now.  I had to stop wearing my engagement ring because I was afraid it was getting too tight with my slight hand swelling.  Luckily I can still wear my wedding band.  We're looking forward to another sonogram on Wednesday. 

We've been putting the final touches on the nursery.  Pat put together our glider the other night (thank you grandparents and thank you Miss Lauris for that coupon).
It's really comfortable.  The dark wood matches our crib and dresser quite nicely too.
I finally picked up a second drape panel.  Haven't gotten around to ironing them yet, but that's ok.
Cute new nightlight (excellent choice Ginny!)

Last night we saw The King's Speech which we both liked a lot.  Today we've just been hanging close to home mostly and I went for a few errands and to the gym while Pat watched his online CFA study course.  Oh, I bought diapers for the first time ever!  They're the newborn size.  I've read that I should also get size 1 as well, but the doctor told us the other day he'll be small to average size at delivery, so I think we're all set to start at least.  With Charlie's due date less than 4 weeks away, I guess it's time to pack a hospital bag and also wash his clothes, sheets, etc.

I finally got a couple buttons sewn on Pat's coat. Good thing he had a backup.  Right now we've got a fire going and a pot of chili cooking (it's a new vegetarian recipe, hope it's good!)
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment