Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thoughts on my 1st Pregnancy

I once read that 10% of women love to be pregnant, 10% loathe it, and everyone else is somewhere in between.  I guess I am somewhere in between, but I am pretty close to loving it. 

For this pregnancy (I've heard things may change with subsequent pregnancies/babies), I have been incredibly lucky:
  • No nausea and no getting sick (except for 1 day, a little bug in December, not related to pregnancy)
  • Minimal swelling (had to take off my engagement ring a few weeks ago and had a couple days of cankles a couple months ago but that's it)
  • No complications - fingers crossed for the same at delivery!
  • No obvious stretch marks

But just so I remember, I did have my fair share of:
  • Heartburn
  • Backache
  • Calf Cramps
  • Trouble sleeping and getting comfortable (I can't wait to sleep on my back or stomach again!)
  • Difficulty tying my shoes (yes, I even bought a pair of winter Crocs!)
I must say...I've loved every bit of how Pat has played a role: going to doctor appointments - even setting some up when I couldn't call from work, rubbing my belly and talking to it, always letting me have the best spot on the couch for propping my feet up, plugging in a heating pad for me without my having to ask, etc.

I guess I've mainly loved being pregnant because I can't wait to hold my little boy.  I know we are both just picturing that first moment when we meet him. 

~~~1 WEEK til due date~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment