Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hospital Stay

Pat and I chose the Palisades Medical Center for Charlie's birth.  While there are great hospitals closer to where we live, my doctors that I've gone to in Hoboken for the past 5+ years only deliver at Hoboken or at the Palisades.  Since I was due early March, I definitely was concerned about the possibility of a snow storm keeping me from the hospital, or just terrible traffic.  To get to the hospital you drive like you are going into Manhattan via the George Washington Bridge, which can really back up.  I'll tell the full story later, but it all worked out, of course.  My private labor and delivery room looked right across the Hudson River to the Upper West Side.  My private recovery room, where I stayed a couple nights, looked down towards midtown and downtown. 

To entertain ourselves Friday evening, we got out the Scrabble board.  Dad decided to team up with Charlie.
 I'm sure he was a big help!  Ha!
We enjoyed the lovely smelling and beautiful flowers that my office sent.  The bouquet was so big that we left it for the maternity ward to enjoy, but we did bring home the two orchid stems which are still absolutely gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment