Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chicken and Asparagus Roll Ups

I'm glad that video post worked - I'll be sure to have more of those for your viewing pleasure.  :o)  

Let's see...I mentioned that I've been watching a lot of the Food Network and I've been paying attention too.  Rachael Ray made this recipe and it sounded good so I made it last night.

I started by lightly cooking and blanching some asparagus (this picture is of my leftover stalks)
 The rollups are pretty simple actually - You start by taking thin sliced chicken breasts and rolling them up with a slice of proscuitto, provolone cheese, and several asparagus.
 Pop it in a pan with olive oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
 Mine didn't stay perfectly rolled up, but they did okay.
 You're supposed to cover the pan with aluminum foil (I forgot this step at first)
 Next up I started to prepare the sauce.  Once the chicken is removed from the pan, add 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 cup of chicken stock/broth and 1 tablespoon dijon mustard.  Lastly, the zest and juice of half a lemon.  Look at my cute little brand new zester!
 I tossed my extra asparagus in the sauce - pretty tasty.
 Here they are ready for us to eat.
I paired it with some "confetti rice" that my parents often make.  It's basmati rice mixed with onion and red/yellow pepper that's been sauteed in olive oil and butter.

 Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment