Saturday, November 5, 2011

Purse Project

We are so excited to host my In Laws in Nashville for Thanksgiving this year. Kate has never seen our house and the last time she was here was over 4 years ago for our wedding. It'll be great to get to show them a little more of our city and just enjoy family time. So the countdown has begun - two weeks until they arrive and I have plenty to do around the house. This is just motivation to get things looking good. :)

Being a woman, I have purses. I have many purses. They seemed to clutter up our bedroom (in addition to my shoes and clothes) but one thing at a time. I figured I could keep them visible (and thus letting me use them more often) if I hung them on the wall. I have a small closet so this was my solution. Charlie and I hit up Home Depot today and came home with a couple of these for about $10 a pop:

I got out Pat's drill and measuring tape and level and got to work.  I almost waited for Pat to get home so he could do it, but I figured I could tackle it on my own.
 It goes behind our bedroom door so it's not visible when the door is open.
 Testing it out. Yay!
And I put the second one directly below it since one clearly isn't enough. ;-)

And the door still opens fine.  Success!
Are you doing any projects this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment