Sunday, December 18, 2011

Saturday Shopping

Lanier and I met up yesterday morning at the mall. Mostly just to hang out and catch up, but also for a little Christmas shopping. I know some people would call this last minute shopping, but I consider Christmas Eve to be last minute. :) Shopping here in Tennessee is sooo much easier than shopping in New Jersey. Once time last year I went to the Garden State Plaza and seriously spent 45 minutes just trying to find a parking spot. Not that I was trying to find a really close parking spot, just any parking spot at all. It was so frustrating and then the mall was packed. Here it's so much easier and we found a great bench for Charlie to have his mid shop bottle. He had clearly kicked back and was having a good day. (my only complaint of shopping here is the high tax.  But I guess no income tax makes up for it...)






An hour or two after I got home, our friends Tom and Shelley came over with a complete meal.  All we had to do was throw on a few slabs of ribs on the Big Green Egg.  They were smoking while we watched the Indiana basketball game, where we beat Notre Dame.
Charlie was wearing his IU jersey again since it brought us luck last weekend. 
What's Charlie smiling at?  It's Shelley making him giggle at the other end of the table. :)
Since we'd had some drinks we decided to spend $1 on the BreathalEyes ap on my iPhone.  I believe a couple guys I went to high school with came up with this.  As their video states, it is for entertainment purposes only, but it takes different photos of your eyes to estimate your Blood Alcohol Level.

The results were questionable and there is definitely human error involved, but either way we had fun with it.

Today I got an exciting email with this at the top:
We saw Michael BublĂ© sing on Saturday Night Live last night and he's also appeared on some recent morning shows singing some Christmas songs.  Thank you Pat for my new Michael BublĂ© Christmas album on iTunes!  I can't wait to listen to it tonight! Pat also let me sleep in this morning while he took Charlie grocery shopping.  We had a great neighborhood walk and it's been a great day so far.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment