Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 continued

Turkey butt!  Since Thanksgiving was a long day, CQ dressed with comfort and cuteness in mind.  ;-)
Uncle John and Charlie
My cousin Caroline's husband Jeremy and my Dad talking bees. 
I dare you to say my cousin Peter III isn't cool.  Yeah, I didn't think you'd try. :)
This was some of the best Thanksgiving weather we'd had in a long time, so we got plenty of outdoor time in.  Shucking oysters, drinking from the keg, visiting, snacking, etc.
 Cousin Susan and her farm grown greens. 
 Coloring Corner (I got in on the action Friday) 
my cousins, Libby and sister Kate
more cousins, Henry and Alexander 
 Libby, Elizabeth, Charlie, Kate





Oh boy!  Finally time for dinner.  My parents (and helpers) put together an amazing meal and fed 28 of us.  1 smoked turkey and 2 fried, the best dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, ambrosia, asparagus, collard greens, cranberry sauce, and more  (like desserts)!
 CHEERS!


On Friday it was a little more of the same.  More eating and hanging out. 
And before some people headed home (some people left Friday, some on Saturday) we got a great group shot:
And this one for our good family friend Dave who is in Afghanistan.  Sign reads: We Miss You Dave!
Rachael and her dad Jeremy (she rivaled Charlie in my number of photos taken over the holiday)
 E and Rachael. 
It was really wonderful to have Pat's parents hang out with my extended family.  Everyone got along great and I'll certainly never forget Charlie's first Thanksgiving.  I am one lucky gal to have such an amazing family, that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment