Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day


Oh, I wish I had some cute pictures of Charlie in a red shirt with a heart on it from Valentine's Day.  But Pat had to go into the Clinic yesterday for fluids after a night of vomiting.  They took blood cultures and found his White Blood Count is very low. (currently .8 when it's normally around 10.  Low WBC is called being neutropenic, fyi) And he had a 102.9 fever, so he was admitted to Vanderbilt Hospital late yesterday afternoon.  They are closely monitoring his input and output and he got rid of his fever overnight thankfully.  Pat had been feeling great on Monday but after dinner that night his stomach was upset.  He hadn't eaten anything since Monday night until lunch today (Wednesday). 

The first picture was from yesterday when he had the chills...and the second picture is him today, feeling much better.  It is a 48 hour minimum stay, so he is hoping to go home late tomorrow, but we'll see.  My parents and sis have been helping (A LOT) with Charlie, and Dad stayed at the hospital with Pat overnight and I plan to tonight.

Well, happy belated Valentine's (a memorable one for us!) and kisses to you all.  <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope he's feeling better soon! I'm so glad you have so much family nearby to help out with Charlie. If I was there I'd let Tuesday come run laps around him and get him giggling :)

    ReplyDelete