Monday, February 6, 2012

Recent Happenings

I've got a lot for you today!

1.  Last Thursday I went to see my friend Kristen and meet her cute little boy Cullen.  I hadn't seem Kristen in several years, but we've known each other since we were little girls on summer swim team.
Cullen is 8 months old but about the same size as CQ.  They were so cute together!
 We were having such a great time visiting that I kind of lost track of time...
2.  But we made it to the airport and picked up Paul who had flown in for a long weekend.  Charlie had a lot of fun with his Grandpa. 
3.  Paul and Charlie hung out on Friday while I took Pat to get his second infusion.  The process of going to the hospital takes about 5 hours with blood work and meeting with his doctor.
But the actual infusion is about 3 hours.  This is a typical setup:  Pat in one chair and me in the other.
4.  That night I joined my sister, Mark, and Cousin Rachel for an 80s night to benefit the W.O. Smith school.  (they offer music lessons for 50 cents) 
There was a great band that played numbers like "Jessie's Girl" and a bunch more. 





5.  Saturday afternoon our friends Eugene and Kate came over.  Kate had made Russian food for us!  Yum!  Great to see them - and they got a puppy, so hopefully we'll go meet her soon.
6.  Splash time in the bath! 
Don't you touch the duckie. 



7.  Paul helped us tackle a couple house projects, like installing a new shower head and fixing our front porch light.  This has been out for a couple months now and after I had tried new bulbs with no luck, we needed a new fixture.   My parents stopped by yesterday afternoon with some baked brie and we went for a walk (and Dad's arrival meant I no longer had to help with the light, score)
Charlie really wanted to help the boys out there.  Too cute! 
We had a great weekend and Pat seems to be doing alright.  I know his treatment is supposed to be cumulative, but it really seemed like he felt better this weekend than he did after his first treatment.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that picture of Charlie in the bath with the duck! He's getting his sass on early in life :) Kisses!

    ReplyDelete