Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yummy Food

Hello Thursday.  Winnie doesn't know it yet, but we are about to head to the vet for her checkup.  Hopefully I can get her in the carrier without incident.  My plan of attack - pillowcase to trick her.  Quite the evil April Fool's joke for little kitty.

I got this recipe for Chicken Piccata from The Pioneer Woman and had planned to make it when my In Laws were in town a couple weeks ago.  That whole not having power for 5 days got in the way of that.  I finally made it last night and we loved it.
Chicken breasts with salt and pepper, dredged in flour.  Cooked in butter and olive oil.
After the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and pour in 1 cup white wine, 3/4 cup chicken stock, and the juice of 2 lemons.  After that reduces down, add 3/4 cup cream and some chopped parsley.
Served over angel hair pasta.
We both really enjoyed dinner and I'll have the leftovers for lunch today, but yesterday's afternoon snack was even better.  Crispix Mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment