Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Checking in, post Cape Getaway

Hello! Hello!  Sorry for the lack of posts.  Last week was pretty busy - it ended perfectly with a Girly Night out.  I met up with 8 friends for dinner at a vegetarian Indian restaurant, Saravanaas Bhavan, in the Little India area of New York City.  In addition to sharing a yummy rice dish with Simone, I had a cheese mala dosa (I believe) and I loved it.  We then walked over to a movie theatre for a viewing of Eat Pray Love.  Once the movie ended, Pat picked me up (he is awesome) and we headed north on I 95 for Cape Cod!  I love the fact that 1) I love my In-Laws and 2) they live in Cape Cod.  :o) We arrived late, around 3am, but it's better than sitting in Connecticut traffic for hours if we had left after work.

Saturday was a gorgeous beach day!  Perfect temperatures.
I'm still doing a pretty good job with my nails too:
That night we had a feast - mussels, sausage and potatoes, a tomato/watermelon/mint/basil salad, corn, and LOBSTERS.  Here's Uncle Lee and Aunt Mae:
Paul
Sunday was quite overcast and cool - a perfect day for a clam chowder lunch.  We went to The Squire in Chatham and both had a delicious bowl.  We then drove and parked at Monomoy NWR.  We took a long walk on the beach there.  We encountered some other people but it was pretty empty for the most part, which was very nice.  My parents had just read about the great birding at this site here in Bird Watchers Digest.  My eyes aren't quite as trained as mis padres but we did see some birds, not sure of their names. 
There were so many of these dead horseshoe crabs along the way...
It also rained on Monday so we went to see The Switch and went out for an amazing dinner at The Beacon Room.  It continued to rain on Tuesday, but we managed to go for a walk, and also Paul and Kate took us to lunch at Land 'Ho.  They are really just so good to us!!  For our getaway, we also did a good bit of reading (I finished One Day and started Change of Heart) and I worked on this puzzle but didn't finish (very hard to leave an unfinished puzzle, but I've left it in good hands!) 
 
PS I don't think I'll ever need to buy a puzzle again with Kate and Aunt Mae always sharing the love!

Anyhow, we got home last night and Pat went back to work today, but not me.  I have the rest of the week off and it feels great!  We have a big wedding coming up in just a couple days!  I'll check back in soon, I promise.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment