Monday, August 16, 2010

Raspberry Cream Pie

I haven't had much time lately to keep up with some of my cooking blogs, like The Pioneer Woman, but I checked it out the other day and I saw a recipe I wanted to try - Raspberry Cream Pie.  Yesterday I tested it out.  As instructed, I used 25 Oreos to start us off with the pie crust.
Then 4 tbsp butter, melted.
Mixed with the crushed Oreos...
Pressed in pie pan and baked for about 4 minutes at 350 degrees to set.
A heaping cup of fresh raspberries.
Smashed up with a fork.
And mixed with 3 tbsp sugar.
Set aside for about 15 minutes.
2 containers of yogurt.
1 package instant vanilla pudding.  Oops I used 1.34 oz when the recipe calls for 3.4 oz.
The pudding mix and the yogurt gets mixed up.
Then 1 cup heavy whipping cream is added.  I used light cream instead, not sure if you can really switch the two out, but I did.
Nice and creamy!
Fold in the raspberries.
Pour in the cooled pie crust.
And freeze for a couple hours.  Then garnish with more cookie crumbs and extra raspberries. 
Easy to make.
A nice cool summer treat!

Yesterday afternoon we crossed the George Washington Bridge and headed into Manhattan.
It was a tiny bit rainy, so it wasn't exactly a great evening to walk around, but it wasn't bad.  Mostly we just wanted to see Maura and Mike and also see their new place on the Upper West Side.  It was gorgeous of course!  After enjoying a nice french dinner at La Boite en Bois, we headed back to their place for dessert.  Can you guess what we had?  Yep, the pie was delish!

1 comment:

  1. Suz your baking pictures came out beautifully! I see a cooking blog in your future ;) Love the photo of you & Pat on the bottom, that's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete