Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day Hike in Ramapo


I told Pat I wanted to go hiking, but didn't want to drive too far to get to the trail. He found us a spot just north in Ramapo, maybe 10 miles away. This weekend we are busy with a wedding and I was afraid I might miss the leaves changing if we waited 2 weeks for a hike.
We started out hiking a short mile loop around Lake Henry. 
From the lake I spotted this rock in the trees and wanted to find a trail there!  After our warm up hike at Lake Henry we kept driving and found the parking lot and trail heads just down the road.
We took the "Green" Trail because it crossed Hawk Rock, the lookout I wanted to pass.  My only complaint is there was no mileage marking even at the trail head, so we had no idea of distance.
It was a beautiful area and I'd definitely like to go back!  Sunday's weather was just right for a hike. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun! I'm going on a boat ride with Neil this weekend upstate to check out the leaves, too.It's hard to catch it before they're gone!

    ReplyDelete