Monday, October 3, 2011

Grocery

I found it somewhat difficult grocery shopping with Charlie as a baby...put his car seat in the shopping cart and there is no room for groceries, push his stroller and you can only buy a few items that fit underneath.  Carrying him in our Ergo baby carrier is what I had started doing, either that or try to shop alone when Pat was home with Charlie.  I like getting Charlie out though, so while Pat was studying yesterday, off to Kroger we went.  Now that CQ can sit up, he has now sat in the cart twice.  It's so darn cute and I was glad I still had my camera in my purse from the wedding.
 "Give me your coupons, I want to eat them all"

And since those pictures are from the grocery, I can now segway nicely into something I cooked last night for the first time.  :o) 
Twice Baked Potatoes!  Yum.  I know they are simple to make but I didn't know exactly how to do it, so in case there is someone who has never made them...here are the basics:

I washed 6 potatoes and put them on a baking pan and baked them for about an hour at 400 degrees.
I let them cool a little bit and then cut them in half.  I used a spoon and scooped out the potato, leaving a little on the skins to keep them somewhat sturdy.
I put all the scooped out potato in a mixing bowl with some butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and even some leftover cream cheese.  Also season salt and pepper.

I used my potato masher to get it all nice and mixed together.
And back it went into the potato skins.  We obviously had to sample the filling to make sure it was alright before that step.  :)  Then I added some extra cheese on top and then baked them for about 15 minutes on 350 degrees. 
 Very tasty and warm for a chilly fall evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment