Thursday, January 19, 2012

IGBOK

Our new motto is IGBOK for it's gonna be ok.  We have realized lately that things could always be better, things could always be worse.  Within the last couple weeks Pat has had a CT scan, PET scan, needle biopsy, invasive biopsy (surgery), blood work, a bone marrow biopsy and other stuff, all to determine he has Hodgkins Lymphoma.  The prognosis is very good, but Pat does have to undergo six months of Chemo.  Starting tomorrow.  This was all very much a shock to us.  Pat is amazing, as always, and continues to have a positive attitude and even shows his sense of humor.  Our plan is to try and keep things as normal as possible and Pat has notified the Dean and his professors at Vandy about what's going on, but he intends to continue classes like usual.  Some of you  might be wondering where he'll be treated - at Vanderbilt.  I've met his oncologist who seems great.  The chemo will take place every other Friday (works for Pat's schedule since he doesn't have class that day).  My Father-in-Law Paul is in town for a week and we're lucky to have my family so close by us. 

Of course Charlie has  no clue what is going on and he keeps us smiling.

Please keep Pat in your thoughts and prayers.

10 comments:

  1. You are so strong and positive! I will be thinking good thoughts for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our prayers, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of love from Atlanta!!!!
    Huge hug,
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you guys. IGBOK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suz, we prayed for yall last night. Let me know if I can do anything. Love, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way from down south.
    Love to you both xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll be thinking of you daily! You're so lucky to have family nearby, wish we were closer to help! You guys have a great outlook and I'm sure that will make this go easier than anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne, i'm sorry to read this about Pat. all three of you will be in my prayers. and i know from experience with my dad's cancer that a positive attitude and faith that it will be okay go an enormous way. no worries. big love to y'all.
    xoxox
    bailee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I talked to Maura yesterday and she told me about Patrick. I have you both and Charlie in my thoughts. I know he'll come out of this stronger than ever. XOXO! Anuradha

    ReplyDelete