Monday, January 23, 2012

Pat's birthday

Yesterday was Pat's 31st birthday.  Of course we had no idea if he'd be up for celebrating or not.  But Friday was somewhat anticlimactic, as Pat said.  The procedure took a few hours, where he received ABVD through an IV.  We came home and had chicken sandwiches afterwards and took it easy on the couch.  I was thrilled that Pat had an appetite and was feeling alright.  Saturday Pat felt pretty good and even went to Vandy for a short group meeting.  On Sunday Pat felt a little tired, but not too bad.  Through the IV on Friday he also received some anti-nausea medicine and some steroids which must have helped a lot.  Pat is at class now.  What a relief that we made it through the first weekend! 

On Saturday evening, my parents had a little birthday party for Pat at their house:
 Complete with balloons and streamers!
Kate sent down this bib for Charlie's birthday next month, but I made Pat put it on for a picture. ;-) 
mmmm cherry cobler and ice cream

And last night, my cousins Sarah and Matthew and also Rachel brought over dinner.  Sarah made an Italian Bake, a delicious cheesy pasta dish.  We also had salad and Matthew's garlic bread.  I made Paula Deen's Banana Pudding for dessert. 



I brought out the tri-pod for a group shot.  Then I made Matthew remove his reflective jacket. :) 
We sure appreciate them bringing us dinner and an extra dish to freeze for later.  Pat has joked "my fridge is not big enough for cancer."  We have been very well fed lately.   
I'm so glad Pat was up for celebrating.  We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment