Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Honey Honey!


Grandma flew into town on Thursday and was here until yesterday morning. 
Kate watched Charlie so that I was able to go with Pat for his infusion on Friday.  Here he is waiting for his Dr. appointment before the chemo. 
Kate, Charlie, and I went to go cheer on the runners at the Country Music Marathon on Saturday morning.  It was hot and I did not envy those runners (well, not too much, it did kind of make me miss running)



The runners just kept coming and coming, so after enough cheering, we went over to the swings and playground at Sevier Park. 


And then we went to my parent's house to see how they extract honey.  (oh, there is my frog mosaic I made in HS hanging in their laundry room) 
 Here Dad is scraping off some of the bees wax.
 so that it's ready to go in the extractor for a spin.
 (not enough jars, bought 24 more that day)

Then it drips down into a special bucket that has multiple filters I think. 

Dad putting one of his two hives back together. 
Some of the stuff on the filter. 

Yum, I love my Dad's hobby.  :)  Total, they think they got around 12-13 gallons of honey and it took the majority of the day to extract it. 
Kate and I did some yard work, tree trimming, moved a wood pile, filled in some holes in the yard, and put down 4 pavers at our back door.  We also went on several walks, did a bit of shopping, and she also watched Charlie so I could have a little alone time (I went to see a movie, The Five Year Engagement, pretty cute/funny).  Thank you Kate. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember the frog mosaic! Didn't you do a mosaic mirror, too?

    ReplyDelete