Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bloomington is the Best

My story continues.
On the Sunday after Tom and Shelley's wedding, Pat and I had planned to drive up to Bloomington for a night.  Ya know, see our old college town and relive our glory days.  It has been about 4 or so years since we'd visited and we couldn't wait.  We soon realized how bad the storm/rain/flood in Nashville had gotten.  I finally got in touch with my sister and she let us know that our parent's basement had waist-high water in it.  Yikes!  At that point I was feeling really guilty about not being there to help, but we found out many roads and highways surrounding Nashville were closed and it was decided we would not try to return on Sunday.  Our trip to Bloomington would still be!  We did however pick up a sump pump at an Indiana Home Depot for my parents; they were evidently all sold out in middle Tennessee.

Just pulling into Bloomington brought back so many memories.  Many of my best friends are IU buddies.  And of course Pat and I met in college and shared the college experience together. 

And what was the first thing we wanted to relive?  Pizza Express!  (so it's been renamed Pizza X, but still the same thing)
We had a teeny tiny room at the Union Hotel right in the middle of campus - with a great little courtyard view.
I was thrilled to see the carpet lining the hallways:
We just drove around town and walked and walked.  It was great!
Sample Gates
Where Pat lived his final year - The Bowman house.
The President's Gardens, my Mom's favorite.
Herman B.
We also got to meet up with Brandon's little brother Peter who is still a student at IU.  (you may remember him from Brandon and Kristen's wedding a few weeks back)
We first hit up Nick's.  Then we wanted to go to Upstair's, but it was closed.  Cause it was a Sunday night or because it was finals week, no se.
In the end we settled on Kilroy's.  And I was educated about the Lindsay Lohan shot.  (Red headed slut shot dropped in Coke.  HA! sorry!)  We also found out Kilroy's now serves AMFs!! 
Tastes just like I remember.  :o)
Monday was a beautiful day so we did some more walking.
The Arboretum
I'm trying to make the IU sign in the below picture.
You bet I wanted to check on the AOII house.  It looked great!
There were several cuties sunning outside but I didn't want to bother anyone to show me the inside of the house, it being finals week and all.
Panda Power, Hoosier Love!

1 comment: