Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sister Fun

My sister flew back home to Nashville this afternoon.  Gosh, we had a fun week together!  I had anticipated blogging more while she was here, but I guess we stayed quite busy... and if we weren't busy, well then we were very focused on relaxing.  :o)
Elizabeth arrived pretty early last Friday, so I picked her up at Newark and then we found ourselves eating popcorn and watching the movie The Young Victoria by early afternoon.  I also made her peruse many of my scrapbook masterpieces.  :)  Later that afternoon she got to experience part of my commute.  We took the train to Hoboken, then took the Path train into NYC and walked up Broadway.  Once we got up to 44th Street, we met some friends (Sarah, Barry, Ele) to grab dinner at John's Pizzeria.  Then we met a couple more friends (Andrea and Josh) outside before going to our show.  At this point, during E's first day in New York, she spots Alec Baldwin walking alone right past us!  That was actually pretty exciting.
The musical itself was also very exciting.  Very high energy and visually interesting.  The cast was fabulous, filled with amazing voices.  The dancing was really cool too.  I recognized most of the Green Day songs, but there were a couple that I wasn't familiar with.  E also got to experience the bus ride home that night.  I do believe she thinks we are crazy for spending well over an hour each way to commute.
Saturday we took it easy around the house and went for a nice neighborhood walk.  That night, we headed back into Hoboken via train to have dinner with a family friend.  A new friend for me.  One of my sister's best friends from law school, Lindsy, recently had her little brother move back to the states after several years of working in Europe.  Anyhow, he's found his way to the NJ/NY area.  Before we met up, E and I had a few minutes to kill, so we walked around the pier in Hoboken. (E has mastered the art of Self Portrait!)
Since Brett will now be living in Hoboken, I had to introduce him to one of my favorite restaurants, Charrito's.  Nothing like that table-made guacamole!  Here Brett:
And here's E holding one of the mini beer bottles (I guess it's hard to see, but it's about half the normal size).  It was so cute that I almost wanted to drink it, but alas I remembered my dislike for the taste of beer. ;-)
Later that night I had way too much fun at the 3rd Annual White Skirt Night.  More on that tomorrow.  Goodnight friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment