Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tom and Shelley's Big Day

Hello out there.  Very happy to report that my first day of work was completely overwhelming and exhausting, but also fantastic.  I seem to be joining a really friendly team that I think I will love.  I'm picking up on things and hopefully this time next week I'll feel even better.  I still have 2 more days of training and then it's all me!

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post, but there was a riverboat (with gambling) right by our Evansville hotel.  We hit it up late night Friday.  I couldn't take much of it though, kind of a sad state, plus it was too smoky for me.  I did win $1.50 on slots but never bothered to cash in. :o)
On Saturday, Pat and I took the opportunity to just drive around and check out Evansville since I'd never been there. I loved those fields full of yellow wild flowers.  We saw those all over the place. 
Then we did our best to help with the wedding set up.  I added in some of those pretty orchids... and from my iPhone, you saw that Pat did some vacuuming. (Good Boy!)
 
The reception was held at the Evansville Country Club which was lovely.  Tom and Shelley's first dance:
And some other crazy dance moves:
Cute married couple!  We are so lucky that Tom and Shelley live in Nashville and we get to see them whenever we visit my family.  We even got to play trivia with them last Wednesday.
And more of Pat's fraternity brothers, and their ladies of course...
Ryan and Michelle
Stephanie and Alden
I love a bride eating cake.
Party continues!  Once the DJ had left, Tom played an iPod playlist, and a little karaoke thrown in.
Pat having a little fun with Mike's recent stitches over his eye:
Good buds!
Yes, I was there too:
And I thought this was cute- instead of a typical guest book, friends and family wrote a wish for them on a stone. 
 
Their marriage ceremony was in Costa Rica, so I went with "Pura Vida" - Pure Life.

Congrats again Tom and Shell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment