Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Attempt


Pat's first attempt at smoking on the Big Green Egg was a success!  It was on the grill for about 6 hours and Pat decided it could have used more time.  (but it had to come off because we needed to eat!)
It never quite got to that "fall off the bone" state, but it was still very tasty.  Five of us ate off it last night.
And tonight four of us had the leftovers.  I pulled it all apart and mixed it up with some bbq sauce.  Served up with some cornbread, yum yum.
Pat will definitely be doing this again soon, sounds good to me.

Today has been a chill day at home.  We had planned to go to the beach, but the weather kept us away.  Good choice since it rained really hard this afternoon. 

PS I changed up the blog a little bit.  How do you like the larger photos?  I hope they turned out okay.  Let me know if it presents any problems.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment