Sunday, June 27, 2010

Staten Island


Last summer we took the Staten Island ferry for the first time over to SI for a minor league baseball game. (It was for Big Ten night and yes, Pat and I won the 3 legged race around the outfield! haha)  This year we drove over to SI to watch the Staten Island Yankees take on the Hudson River Valley Renegades. 

My mom told me on the phone the other day about how there are currently painted pianos placed all over NYC for anyone to play.  I finally saw my first one last night in SI.  This guy was really talented too:
The baseball game was really fun.  My friend Barry got a group rate for a bunch of tickets - $18 for game entry, all-you-can-eat burgers, cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, hotdogs, popcorn, soda, and water, and a free hat.  We were happy campers.
This picture is one Lacie took on her phone. :o)  You can see my new dress from my parents and new earrings above!
Sarah and Polly:
Pat, me, Neil, Lacie:
The Yanks lost the game by quite a bit, but oh well.  Still really fun. 
The night ended with a nice fireworks display.  They evidently do fireworks after each Saturday game.
It got me geared up for the Nashville fireworks next weekend!

1 comment: