Friday, June 4, 2010

Lake Erie and Love


My Memorial Day Weekend was spent at Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio for a fun-filled wedding weekend.  (Devon and Andy of course!)  Andrea, Sarah, and I drove there.  Or rather, Sarah booked the rental car and Andrea and I drove all the way there.  :o)  We hit the road early on Saturday and entertained ourselves with Andrea's new Mix CD (Bieber Fever!) and Ace of Base, and Sour Patch Kids.  It was a long and pretty drive through Pennsylvania, but we sure were happy to finally make it to Ohio.  It was my first time to see the vast Lake Erie and my first time to swim in one of the Great Lakes.  We all found the area lovely.  Once we arrived, we got to reunite with San Diego resident, Michelle - our roommate for the weekend.  Yay! 
We had the rehearsal dinner on Friday night at the Lodge's patio.  The weather turned out perfectly!

Here's Michelle, Andrea, Me, and Sarah:
Elizabeth and Colin, Devon's brother and sister in law:
And here we are with the Bride!  And a little cutie showing off his muscles:
Dance Party in hotel bar:
Devon and Andy gearing up for the big day!

And what a gorgeous afternoon and evening they had!
May 30th, 2010
Andrea and Sarah handed out the programs, a job very well done!
Short and sweet ceremony.

I love these girls!  More group shots:
Beautiful cake, made by one of their family friends I believe:
Devon and Andy had obviously taken dance lessons - they wowed us all for their first dance.  And the dancing didn't stop there!  Devon's Dad took a permanent spot on the dance floor and everyone kept it going all night long.  Fun stuff!
This wedding was such a nice experience for me - we met so many sweet family and friends of this wonderful couple.  And I feel like I learned so much about them.  They really are amazing, smart, fun, selfless people! 
All the best Devon and Andy! 

And how is this possible??? I already got my thank you note!

2 comments: