Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Big News

Now that I am into my second trimester, I am finally ready to share this news on the blog...

Yep, Pat and I are having a baby!!  We are so excited and can't wait to meet our little one at the end of February, or possibly the beginning of March.

I feel very fortunate because I didn't get sick or nauseous in my first trimester (big knock on wood).  I have felt a little more tired than normal but basically it's business as usual, plus lots of daydreaming about baby.  We are going to find out if we are having a boy or a girl, so I'll be sure to share that on here whenever we find out. :o)

Giving up alcohol hasn't been that hard on me - it hasn't felt like much of a sacrifice at all.  However, champagne at weddings is a difficult one to miss!  The only Bubbly I'm having these days is this:
It's Shampoo, Shower and Bath Gel.  :) Thanks Laurisa and Kate!!

While up at the Cape recently, my In Laws and Aunt Mae/Uncle Lee surprised us with some adorable baby gifts and books (including On the Night You Were Born) so this is all a whole new world and I'm loving it!  Everything is just so adorable. Thanks! 

PS Thank you friends and family for all the cards and emails full of kind words and wishes the last couple weeks.

SO EXCITED! SO EXCITED! SO EXCITED!

5 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting!!!! Congratulations, I can't wait to find out if it's a girl or boy. Keep indulging in lots of bubble baths and pamper yourself as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne - CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you & Pat; what a blessing.
    And - "On the Night You Were Born" is my mom and my favorite baby book... just beautiful.

    Enjoy this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!! Congrats! I can't wait to hear more, you are going to look adorable as your tummy gets bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy the news is finally out! I've been careful not to say anything to anyone in fear of telling someone before you!

    Congrats again! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've said it before, but I am so happy for you and Pat! This is such great news!

    ReplyDelete