Sunday, September 12, 2010

Long Branch Beach

My company had a bit of a retreat, no meetings or anything, just a nice get together down on the Jersey Shore.  They put us up at a nice resort, Ocean Place, for Saturday night.  Pat and I drove down earlier that day to enjoy some sun at the pool.
Here I am checking out our balcony view:
At 6, we all met on the beach for dinner and drinks. 
A New England gal teaching a West Coach guy how to tackle lobster.
Here's our bartender who kept feeding me "cranberry and vodka" aka cranberry and Club Soda.
We ended the night sitting by the bonfire.  It got so chilly that you almost had to be right by the fire.
I sure work with a nice group of people.  A fun night!

Today was not quite as pretty outside.  But we still took an enjoyable stroll on the boardwalk.
Since I helped plan this get together, the hotel left a nice note in our room yesterday afternoon with some chocolates.  It wasn't until this morning that I realized the little frame they left was also chocolate!
We'll be back in Long Branch next weekend for Jon and Nicole's wedding! 
:o)

1 comment:

  1. did you have a conversation with the bartender asking him to call your drinks cranberry vodka, even though it was cranberry soda? If so, that is very clever! I imagine him coming directly to your table and grandiosely announcing your drink: "A cranberry VODKA for the lady!"

    ReplyDelete