Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fashion Bash

It was nice to have a couple nights at home to catch up on "my stories" such as Survivor and Biggest Loser.  And to upload/order photos, cuddle with my kitty, and get a little exercise. 
But free tickets to an event will get me out of the house.
Last week I won two VIP tickets through Yelp to Sassy City Chicks' Fashion Bash.  It was at the Gold Ballroom @ Hotel Penn last night.  Laurisa and I met up after work to check it out.  We had to wait in line for a bit but when we got inside we were greeted by a little goody bag and cocktails by X-Rated Fusion Liqueur.(not my first choice if I were to name a new alcohol; tasted good to me though! tangy and sweet)  The space was pretty crowded and really cramped and also kind of hot, but Laurisa and I still had fun.  Then again, I think I could have fun with Laurisa living with 6 girls in one room.  Oh yeah, did that! Ha. Anyhow, there were lots of little booths set up with vendors selling clothes, jewelry, and accessories at discounted prices.  One of the first things I saw was the below cardigan.  I just loved the little ruffles.  So yes, even though I was hoping to find something for my sister I bought something for myself. 

Laurisa and I both thought this hat was cute so we both got it.  :o)  Oh, and I talked the guy into $5 off, VICTORY! 

And Pat was across the street at Madison Square Garden seeing Phish - the first of three nights in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment