Friday, December 18, 2009

SNC


Last night I had the pleasure of seeing the Indiana University Acappella group Straight No Chaser with my friends Andrea, Sarah, and Lindsey at the Nokia Theatre.  SNC has been touring around the last couple months and also promoting their 2 holiday albums.  I had seen them last year in NYC and also multiple times in college.  This was by far my favorite show.  You can tell the 10 member group has really improved.  I think their vocals are amazing and they have a great act.  They connect with the audience and make little jokes.  They have some smooth and sometimes silly (intentionally) dance moves.  And we can't forget how cute they are - they were all in black suits with skinny black ties.  Not to be outdone by Carrie Underwood's wardrobe changes, they all had matching red ties for the second half of the show.  They did a nice mix of popular music, original music, and holiday songs.  I was definitely surprised (and happy) to hear them sing "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse and "Under the Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.  I had bought the tickets basically right when they went on sale several months ago, so we had 3rd row center seats - perfect.  SNC received a standing ovation after their show (and two subsequent standing Os for both of their encores).  They will be back in NYC in April and you can bet I will be buying tickets when they go on sale at noon today. 
PS For you Nashville people, they are playing the Polk Theatre on April 26th. Check them out!  All tour dates can be found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment