Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More cooking

Hello friends.  I sure am enjoying my week off.  Lots of pajama time, reading, working on a very difficult puzzle, and other fun stuff like shopping and mani/pedi with my mother in law.  The In Laws are driving back to Cape Cod right now actually.  On my time off I've also done some cooking.  Over the weekend I made a couple recipes from my mom: Company Chicken and Oriental Broccoli Slaw. 

Last night I whipped up some Date Cookies.  They are quick to make and very tasty.
1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
8 oz. package pitted dates, chopped
Put above items in saucepan and bring to a boil
Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly
Turn off
Stur in 2 and 1/2 cups Rice Krispies and 1 cup chopped pecans (I used walnuts)
Form in balls, about 1 inch
Roll in powdered sugar

Here we have all the ingredients mixed together:

Forming the balls:

And VOILA:

Let me know if you try it.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment