Monday, March 8, 2010

Books for a Buck

On my morning commute I finished reading The Last Days of Dogtown - really enjoyed it.  So of course I need something to read on my way home.  I took a quick look in my used book store and found these:
I don't recall ever having read any Virginia Woolf.  Mrs. Dalloway was one dollar so I figured why not. 
I admit I paid $5 for Edgar Sawtelle since I've wanted to read it for a while. 

Amazing, but I'm actually looking forward to the bus ride today.  :o)

Update- already really enjoying Edgar Sawtelle.  And maybe I imagined this, but is Mrs. Dalloway a favorite of yours, Rachel H.?  Anybody read either of these?

3 comments:

  1. I quite like Woolf-- hope you enjoy!
    FS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mrs. Dalloway. It's my absolute favorite Woolf. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Definitely in my top five. It's not a page turner, but no one can write a drop-dead gorgeous sentence like VW. Curious to hear how you like it!

    Rachel H :)

    ReplyDelete