Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday in the City

I normally avoid heading all the way into the city on the weekends, but with Pat in Vegas, I was more than willing to hang out with Miss Lauris in the city yesterday.  It was the prettiest day of the year so far - 70s in March.  Wow. 
We met up at Mesa Grill for brunch/late lunch around 2 pm.  I thought it was very good.  I had some mahi mahi:
Laurisa opted for breakfast food.
And thanks to the nice gentleman sitting by us, a picture of both of us:
Since we were already on 5th Avenue, we were ready for some shopping.  I had a Friends & Family 30% discount for Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy that came in very handy.  There are also several paper good stores which were awesome.  Look at all these stickers!!
I was very excited and had to control my spending.
After we had shopped til we dropped, we were ready for a drink. 
I had been craving a cider for a while.  So good.
---------
If you want to check out my purchases, keep on reading.  I'm saving my favorite for last.  :)
Might wear the shoes and dress to an upcoming rehearsal dinner, we'll see.
I got this as a beach cover up.  The brown matches my bikini.  :o)
Cards and stickers and the best scrapbooking markers.
Cute passport cover.  Sadly no stamps.  I haven't been out of the country since our Costa Rican honeymoon which was before I updated to my married name.
And my only non-SALE item of the day:
A jewelry stand for my earrings!
It was fun to arrange them - I think I can remember pretty much where I got each pair. 
Many are treasured gifts. 
In case you happen to like this stand, here is the Urban Outfitters Link.  I feel like I have a ton of earrings, but I still have plenty of empty space for later additions.  Oh boy.  =)
Such a fun time in the city.  Thanks for a great day Laurisa!!

3 comments:

  1. I had so much fun too! Love all the earrings on the stand! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE that earring stand - great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always looks like you are having so many adventures, so fun! That wall of stickers omg I could have done some damage there! And those are the best pens, I've had a set for ten years - I love them!

    ReplyDelete