Monday, March 29, 2010

Up in the Air

Have you seen that movie?  I watched it a couple months ago and liked it.  Anyhow, I guess you could say I relate to some parts of it now.  Starting April 1st I will have joined the "LET GO" crew.  Since I won't be reimbursed for unused vacation days, I am taking Wednesday off, so really tomorrow is my last day! 

Everything went down very civil and I don't take it personally.  No one is taking over my job so I don't feel like I am being replaced.  Of course, it was upsetting when I found out.  I couldn't help but shed a few tears, even though I sure was trying to hold them back.  At least I wasn't totally blindsided - I knew it was a possibility.  After a little time I started to accept it and now I am actually pretty excited.  I had all of March to finish up my work and help transition my responsibilities to those taking over.

Things are all still up in the air and I'm unsure of what I want to do next.  I had envisioned working here until there was a little baby in the picture.  As of now I have no other job lined up, but the resume is updated and I recently met with my headhunter that helped placed me at my job in 2006.  Pat and I already have some trips lined up in the near future so I feel like no one will want to hire me right now.  Maybe I will do some temp work or substitute teaching.  I actually do hope to have a little time to breathe in between jobs anyway. To do things around the house and for myself and to just cook nice meals for my husband, during the week, not just on the weekends.
Found this old ID card in the back of one of my scrapbooks.
(I have no idea how to blur, but it seemed like I should try to block out company/last name.)

Other plans, depending on when I rejoin workforce:
  1. Learn to Quilt - There is a beginner class starting in May.
  2. Improve my Spanish - Pat got me Rosetta Stone.
  3. Grocery shop and go to Dry Cleaners during the week, instead of trying to cram everything in on Saturday.
  4. Keep my hubby very well fed. =)
  5. Exercise regularly
  6. My sister booked a trip to visit in May - so nice of her.  We are going to have a great time together!  Also, my parents just bought flights for April!  Woohooo!
All things considered, it was a good 3 and a half year run.  I have definitely grown up and learned a lot and made a few friends.  

Let me know if you want to meet for lunch.  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Suz! Speaking from personal experience, it never hurts to have a little period of free time for "personal development" (spontaneous trips, trying new recipes, Spanish, etc) & I expect the blog will be full of all your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Suz, but glad to see you are looking at the bright side. It's funny how so much good can come from something that seems so bad. Enjoy this time for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs to you, Suzanne - but I, too, love your positive attitude about the break! I can't wait to see what creative endeavors you take on during your time off.
    (And maybe baby could come sooner than later?? :D )

    ReplyDelete