Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pecan Shortbread

Last week I saw that my friend Claire and her baking business, Dozen, is making carrot cakes for Easter and if I was within an hour drive, I would be having one this weekend.  But that got me thinking about her pecan squares I had back at Thanksgiving.  They were just so good and I was hoping I might make some and get close to her results.  Looks and taste don't come close, but these are still pretty good. :o)
3 sticks of room temp butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon of both vanilla and almond extract, 3 1/2 cups flour sifted with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
And 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
The dough gets chilled in the fridge for half and hour.  Then I rolled out the dough about a half inch thick and used a pint glass to make my circles.
Baked at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
The cookies will definitely all be eaten, but I think they might be better if they had a caramel topping like Claire's!  Tonight the shortbread cookies made their way to book club and will also be heading to work with Pat and me tomorrow. 
Night night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment