Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Snack and Supper

Pat's afternoon snack started as my breakfast.  I have been wanting to make Monkey Bread ever since a work friend told me about it a couple years ago. (Hi Carrie!)  It's basically canned biscuits with white and brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and I added those optional raisins and chopped walnuts.  My book club met for brunch today so I transported it right from the oven, to car, and into Devon's apartment in Hoboken.  It was still nice and warm when I flipped it out of the dish.  YUMMY!  This is not something to make often because it was totally addictive.  It is fun finger food because you basically just tear off pieces.  An action shot of Ginny:
You can see the simple recipe by clicking below photo:
------------------
As you know Pat and I have made the Three Bean Beef Chili a couple times and we have wanted to try a chicken chili next.  So we tried out this Chunky Chicken Chili recipe for dinner.  You start by cooking the chicken in BUTTER and then add a little flour and then onion, red and green pepper and then chicken stock and -wait for it- heavy cream.  (I actually used fat free half n half)  The spices were next up: chili powder, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt.
Then came cannellini beans, green chiles and sour cream. 
(oh yeah and cheddar cheese.  My Uncle Robert said he's gained 10 pounds by reading my blog, hmmmm...ha ha)
I LOVED it and I look forward to leftovers tomorrow!  Next time I'd consider tossing in some diced tomatoes.  This is a recipe to try!

Are you watching the Grammy's?  I decided sitting and reading by the fire is more appealing.  But I am DVRing them along with Big Love.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment