Thursday, November 12, 2009

Frisky

If you had the energy and the time, you could probably go to a free event every single night in New York.  Companies are always celebrating something or trying to advertize something.  It's nice to benefit!  Last night my friend Lacie and I decided to check out a cocktail party put on by some website called The Frisky at 1Oak.  Mind you, I am not into the club scene, but I could imagine New York has some good clubs.  Lacie and I met up near our offices and took the subway down towards Chelsea.  A block away I see the door man standing outside in his suit.  I worry for a moment that he'll turn me away since I'm wearing sneakers, my commuting shoes of choice, but he just opens the door for us.  We check in (we'd emailed an RSVP a couple weeks ago) and then head to coat check.  We keep going and realize this place is really nice, tons of booths and little places to sit.   There was an open bar and tons of appetizers like sliders, asparagus wraps, chicken, etc being passed.  (by waitresses in mini black dresses with the longest legs you've ever seen!)  Lacie and I basically just visited for a couple hours over drinks and it was such a great evening.  We left the event a little early so we could walk a block over and check out the new High Line Park ...and to ensure I'd make the last express bus at 9 pm.


Lacie holding her margarita


Bathroom art

Lacie and Suz

Thank you Meredith for sending me the invite!

From The Frisky...
About us: Every month, over 2.1 million unique visitors come to The Frisky for smart, funny and honest coverage on celebrity news, pop culture, love, dating, relationships, fashion, beauty and anything else women talk about, obsess about, and want to know about! The Frisky readers are female, ages 18 to 34, with great jobs, great educations and a whole lotta future ahead of them. With 60 posts a day, The Frisky offers a large variety of stories with a great trajectory of growth.


I grabbed the above image from the High Line website.  It's really interesting and the site has lots of information - here are the basics:

What is the High Line?
The High Line is a public park built on a 1.45-mile-long elevated rail structure running from Gansevoort Street to 34th Street on Manhattan's West Side.


What was it used for?
The High Line was a freight rail line, in operation from 1934 to 1980. It carried meat to the meatpacking district, agricultural goods to the factories and warehouses of the industrial West Side, and mail to the Post Office.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the website suze! & chris lentz told me about the high line...cool!

    ReplyDelete