Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jimmy Fallon

Good evening!  It sure was a great day!  Not only did I give good directions in the city to strangers on 2 different occasions today, but I also got to go to the taping of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon!  After leaving work a bit early, Lacie and I headed over to NBC Studios at Rockefeller Center.  Last week I signed up for Band Bench seats here. And yesterday I got a voicemail and an email that I was selected for seats.   As with any studio taping you do end up standing in line for a bit, but I think it's worth it.  We sat in the audience during guests Kristen Stewart (actress - Twilight fame!) and Jamie Kennedy (actor/comedian), but during the musical guest, The Avett Brothers, we got to stand behind them since we had Band Bench seats.  It was pretty cool and the drummer high fived me when they were exiting.  Not sure if we made it on TV or not, but I definitely set the DVR for tonight just in case!  I don't really ever stay up late enough to watch, so I've never seen the full show, but I thought Jimmy was hilarious.  He even did a singing number.

You can see they have the huge Christmas tree in place.  I guess all the scaffolding is to help string up those thousands and thousands of lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment