Wednesday, November 4, 2009

LA Recap


Gosh, I had a fun trip.  Things started off interesting when Pat and I boarded our plane from Newark to LAX.  The freight plane next to us had lots of police officers surrounding it and several German Shepherds.  We eventually saw an airport employee (maybe baggage or air traffic control, he was in an orange vest) driven off in handcuffs!  I am guessing he was involved in a little drug smuggling.  Our flight was pretty painless and we even arrived a little early.  Meredith picked me up at the airport in her cute little red car.  She took us back to her Studio City apartment and I met her roommates.  On Friday Meredith had to work, so I was able to relax at Starbuck's and enjoy Meredith's Tivo for a bit.  Michelle drove in from San Diego and arrived early in the afternoon. 

Meredith was able to get us VIP tickets to The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.  One of his guests was a champion pumpkin grower.  We saw his 1650 pound prize winning pumpkin.  He said each seed inside was worth about $500!  Then we saw his prize pumpkin smashed by the monster truck Grave Digger.  Comedian Susie Essman was there and also the musical guest Alice in Chains.  My favorite part of the show was Conan's monologue and also their Mini Dose of Joy - puppies dressed up as Frankenstein!  Too cute.

We didn't end up hiking to the Hollywood sign, but I got a great view of it:

Santa Monica.  Let me also say it was so fun riding in Mere's convertible with the top down!



Michelle and I made this toxic "blood punch" which was a hit at Meredith's Halloween party.

Here we are all dressed up for the party and waiting for guests to start arriving!  Witch, flapper, and pirate. 
 

My favorite part of the trip was seeing my sweet Meredith and Michelle, meeting Meredith's friends, and enjoying the wonderful LA weather.

Pat also had a great time at the Phish festival.  He even beat out everyone in a trivia contest and won original art by Jim Pollock.  Go Pat.  

There is 1 more LA blog post to come!  What could it be?

1 comment: