Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mushroom and Bacon Pasta

I often come across recipes that claim to be "EASY" but don't fit in Suzanne's "EASY" category.  This was the case with The Pioneer Woman's Mushroom and Bacon Pasta.  But we made it work for dinner tonight. 

All our dinner ingredients ready to go:
First thing I did was mince 3 cloves of garlic.
Cut 3 slices of bacon (ok, I used 4) in 1/2 inch pieces and cook in 2 tbs olive oil on medium high.
After the bacon has browned, remove it from the oil and toss in sliced mushrooms and garlic.
Once mushrooms have turned golden brown add 1 cup of chicken stock.  After that was reduced by half I added 1.25 cups of half and half.  (the quarter cup is meant to be heavy whipping cream but I didn't have it)  It's supposed to thicken up but it didn't really.  Hmmm.
Add 3 sliced green onions.  Also mix in 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese right at the end.  You are supposed to top with chopped parsley but I didn't have that either.  Mix it with Angel Hair pasta and sprinkle on some salt and pepper and a little extra cheese and VOILA!
I thought it was quite good with a very rich flavor, but I think we should have cooked the pasta al dente (cooking the sauce took longer than we expected).  I'd still call it a success and it's always fun to try new dishes. We have a ton leftover so it looks like more pasta for dinner tomorrow.
(UPDATE: leftovers are very good, almost better than the first time around!)
------------------
PS When I first started a blog there was a spell check feature but I haven't seen it in months, so please excuse any misspellings...and let me know if you think it's hiding somewhere, pretty please.

No comments:

Post a Comment