Friday, February 12, 2010

Weekend Ahead

Laurisa and I both really enjoyed the play Present Laughter last night.  I thought the cast was great and the set was impressive.  Anyhow, thanks to President's Day on Monday, it's another 3 day weekend!  As usual, I'll fill you in on my plans...



* Renew my license since it expires next month.  I have to do so in person, not by mail unfortunately.
* Make something sweet (I want to bring a treat to Laurisa's party).   
* Dinner with Maura and Mike in the city.  We had so much fun with them in Brooklyn the other weekend, so it's great to have more plans with them.
* Margaritaville Party hosted by Laurisa and Rob, can't wait!  "Tropical attire is strongly encouraged."
* Valentine's Day - Pat already gave me a present (yes, the Happy Tape)!!  Pat's Valentine's wish is to have burgers at Bobby's Burger Palace.  I can handle that!
* Cook up a new recipe: Butter Chicken.
* P90X workout video - they are really intense and also pretty fun.
* Watch the movie Zombieland.  Sounds pretty stupid, but we heard it's good.

My latest Book for a Buck:
I loved his book A Walk in the Woods about hiking the Appalachian Trail, so I'm sure I'll like this one about his travels in Australia.  Have you read it??

PS My sister Elizabeth is doing some fundraising.  She says "For the 3rd year in a row I’m going to do something that is totally stupid (ok, I’ll concede—it is probably more like the 30th year in a row for that…)! On February 20, I’ll be jumping into Percy Priest Lake to benefit the Special Olympics. If you would like, please check out my website, where donations can be made and would be very much appreciated (tax-deductible)."  Site is here.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. How was the butter chicken? It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it!! It's pretty easy to make and really doesn't take too long either. Do you have any recipes I should try? xoxo

    ReplyDelete